
Well, a couple months ago I read on Catlins blog that she likes to do house work in High Heels. I thought that was odd. But I tried it anyway. I will tell you that it really boosts your self esteem. If you are like me you like to do your house work in your most grubby clothes so that your nice clothes don't get dirty. Use an apron to keep nice clothes clean. I like to work in my apron. So now I like to get up, get ready, then clean. But don't forget those high heels. I have only done it a couple times, but it makes me feel good. A little like Joan Clever from Leave it to Beaver. You know the lady, she always looked good and had her hair done, make up on, with a dress. Who knows maybe next time I will try house work in a dress. But that would be pushing it.
I dare you all to try to do house work in High Heels. It will do a lot of good in your life. I know it. Just wear them around the house even if you aren't cleaning and I promise you will feel like pretty hot stuff.

8 comments:
I am sitting here in my grubbiest clothes as we speak after a long day of laundry and cleaning. Next time I will have to try the high heels because I am certainly not feeling like HOT stuff right now...
Yeah, it's 11:30 in the afternoon and I'm STILL sitting in grubbies. :) Some days are harder than others. I've heard that you'll only accomplish as much as you dress for. Meaning if you stay in your jammies (like me) you'll probably sit around and do nothing, however if you get dressed all the way down to the shoes, you'll accomplish more. I'll have to try the high heel thing...as long as the downstairs neighbors aren't home so I don't drive them nuts. :)
Wow! I have never thought about that... I will have to try it sometime! (That means I will have to buy some heels.) :)
That's a good idea. It's similar to the advise my mom gave me once. She told me to always get up and put on my makeup, even when I have little kids and don't leave the house all day long. It makes you feel better, just like high heels!
Kristy
I'm glad you tried it! The little click click click of the heels against the kitchen floor works wonders!
When I got married to Serge I was glad to have an excuse to throw all my high healed shoes away (I'm taller than him if I wear them). I must be lacking in the coordination department, because I've nearly twisted an ankle every time I've worn heals. But I feel similarly about taking a shower and getting dressed in presentable clothes- it really does make your day go better to feel like you did something for yourself.
I don't even own a pair of high heels, I don't think I ever have. I would be a disaster!
I need to get myself some nice high heels as well! I always worry about breaking my ankle when I wear them though!:)
Post a Comment