

So on Elise's blog she posted about BoyzIIMen and it brought back so many memories. I can still remember being in Elementary listening to my tape after school and singing along to all the words. Those were great times. I also remember at recess playing on the bars doing tricks and singing at the top my my lungs, "To legit, To Legit to Quit" (good old MC Hammer) and my friend Anna and I sharing shoes because we had the same shoes but hers were in White and mine were in black and we would walk up an down the side walk with one of the others shoe on singing "It doesn't matter if your black or White!"(Michael Jackson) Where did time go? So many bands that I used to worship are gone. So many singers that I loved where are they now?
Here are some of my favorites from back then:
BIIM
New Kids on the Block
Micheal Jackson (still one I like to listen to, but don't like to think about)

Ace of Base
MC Hammer
Vanilla Ice
Celine Dion (still around and still like to listen to)
Lisa Lobe
All 4 One
Mariah Carey (still around)
Fresh Prince (Will Smith)
That is all I can think of right now.

On Saturday Kurt and I went on a date to an Ice skating thing, it was put on by the Cache Valley Skaters. It was a lot of fun. There theme was Remember When. Well they skated to music from back in the 1920s to the 90s and I had so much fun listening to my childhood with all the Jock Jams they were playing.
Remember......
Tootsie Roll
Electric Slide
Hey Mickey
Jump Jump ( I don't really remember the name of this song but I remember Robin Williams dancing to it on a table in Mrs. Doubtfire)
When I dip you dip we Dip
Fat boy slims weird song you know what I am talking about.
I Like to Move it Move it
Girlz
Barbie World
They didn't play this song but I had to put it on the list: Peaches
Anyway, it was a lot of fun. Kurt and I were embarrassed (well not embarrassed but amused) to watch 8 year olds make fun of the way we used to dance. (raise the roof, and that sort) We had a great time. Do you remember when??

2 comments:
LOL! I remember so many of these. I started singing "I Saw the Sign" in my head as soon as I read Ace of Base. Whoa. And did BIIM really wear silver vinyl jackets? I'll never hear them the same way again...kidding! Kidding.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. And the recipe over on the food blog. YUMMMMM!
I don't know what to say, therefore I shall forebear.
Post a Comment