12 May, 2008

A great Family!!

This morning I woke up and couldn't talk at all. I had been coughing for about 3 days and on Sunday my throat hurt really bad. I couldn't sleep all night because as I would start to fall asleep I would have an involuntary squeak come out. I know it sounds funny but it was miserable. When I got up this morning I couldn't talk at all. So I had my wonderful hubby call a doctor to see if I could be seen this morning. I got ready and by that time I was able to speak a little but no louder than a library voice. The Doctor said it wasn't strep, it was Laryngitis. He told me all I can do is sleep and gave me a five day antibiotic. He said that there are two types of Laryngitis and the only way to find out which one was to do a culture and by the time he would find out I would already be all cleared up. So he gave me and inhaler to ease the swelling and the antibiotic as a precaution.
By the time we got home I was already exhausted and I still had a home to run.....so I tried so hard to stay up and take care of business. Abbi went down for a nap and then Kurt made me go down. I slept for such a long time. But when I woke up the living room was clean, since our project this weekend took a lot of time and we didn't want to clean on Sunday, Abbi was fed and happy, and I had the above flowers waiting for me on the table, with a note saying that Abbi and Daddy both love me very much and it had Abbi's wonderful artwork all over it. My bouquet is complete with Dandelions and everything. Kurt said that he and Abbi went outside to play and when Abbi saw the dandelion she pointed at it and said mommy and picked it. So daddy decided to make me a flower arrangement. They went looking for more flowers. It is the most beautiful arrangement I have ever had.
Kurt also made dinner and I took care of FHE. We learned about the new Prophet, Thomas S Monson and what prophets do. It has been a nice day and I love my family so much. Thank you Kurt and Abbi, I love you.
I am grateful to have such a wonderful Hubby who loves to take care of me. Hopefully I will get my voice back so I can talk as much as I want to. It is really hard to communicate with out it. I have to whistle to get Kurts attention. He just laughs at me. Anyway I am tired and I am going to go to bed. Have a good night. :)

7 comments:

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I hope you feel better soon! What a wonderful hubby you have!

Kati said...

I am the "Hubby" of which Kati mentioned in her blog... aka Kurt. What Kati has failed to mention is that all weekend she has been by my side helping paint the apartment, making wonderful dinners, and still managed to keep and teething girl happy. All of this while feeling under the whether. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful a wife and mother Kati is. A mountain-full of flowers and a million notes can't begin to express the gratitude that Abbi and I feel for our amazing sweetheart/mommy. I love you Beautiful.

Joni said...

I am sorry you got sick but it sure is nice that you got a good husband and daughter to take care of you. Your flowers are beautiful!

Jill said...

Yikes! I'm sorry you're sick! Big round of applause for Kurt though. Way to go!! And Abbi. Gotta love a girl who knows her mom loves flowers.

Kristin said...

It looks like your little girl has some great taste. the flowers are more beautiful then you could buy in any store.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're sick! I could tell last night when I talked to you that you weren't feeling well. I need to come see your new paint job soon!

Sandy Cove said...

That is soo sweet of Abbie and Kurt!!! I hope your feeling better...it is never fun to be sick :(