I am a Mother: written by Jane Clayson Johnson. This is an inspirational, motivational book that was recommended to me by Julie and Jessica. I loved this book. I am a Mother talks about the roles women play in life. Even women who work outside the home. I loved how it made me feel proud of myself as a stay at home mother and how much I am making a difference in the world no matter what I do. My child will be a better person because of the lessons I am teaching her. Don't worry this book doesn't put down the mom who works. It actually inspires those who work. Jane C Johnson tells us that motherhood goes way beyond that of a stay at home thing. Motherhood is a divine role that our Father in Heaven has given to women. We are nurturers by nature. I think this book is a power to women and I think that every woman should read it. No matter what stage of life they may be in.
SisterChicks In Gondolas: By Robin Jones Gunn......I did like this book. But I do think it is for a more mature audience. I had a hard time relating to the characters because they were women who were much further in life than I am. All their children were grown and they were empty nesters. It was more about the changes that were being made in their lives. They go on a trip to Italy to redefine who they are. I didn't finish this book because I had a hard time relating to what they were going through. I think Robin J Gunn writes for women who are menopausal. I will try this book again in about 25 years.

A Bride Most Begrudging: by Deeann Gist.... I loved, loved, loved, l-o-v-e-d this book. It was funny it was romantic, it was adventurous. I loved the leading lady. Constance is a daughter of an Earl in the 1700's. She goes aboard a ship to tell her uncle goodbye. He is being shipped to the Americas as an indentured servant. The ship is also carrying Tobacco Brides (women who were sold to the tobacco farmers and also the settlers of America). The ships captain is a corrupt man. He sees Constance, a "fine lady", on the ship and has his men kidnap her. This story is about her life as a Tobacco Bride bought by a man who doesn't want a wife, he just wants a woman to take care of his little sister and also help around the home. I loved the idea of A Bride Most Begrudging and it was based on actual events during this time period. Women were often kidnapped to be sold. Many of the tobacco women did go willingly and most of them were also prisoners being sold against will just as the men were being sold as indentured servants. But their sentence never had an end. Deeann Gist has a great writing style and flows wonderfully. She will make you laugh and cry. If you like historic novels I totally recommend this book to you.

Breaking Dawn: by Stephenie Meyer, of course. I loved this book too. How could you not love this book. It is the conclusion to the Bella Edward saga. I don't want to write too much about this book in case there are some who have not read or finished this book. But I will say that I was shocked and it didn't go in any direction that I thought it would. Stephenie gave me everything I needed. Adventure, comedy, romance and a conclusion. I have been waiting for a long time for closure on this series and I feel good about the end of the story. Bella is awesome. I can't say anything more because my sister is going to begin reading this series and so is my friend Amber and they read my blog. So if you have any comments about this book please give them but please be vague. Thank you. You can also email me. :)
Thank you.....I have ran out of books so if you have any recommendations please send them my way.

2 comments:
Cute blog kati! If you want some good books, I recommend the Jane Austen books. Start with an easier one like Westanger Abbey or Persuasion to get used to the language, then move on to Emma, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, etc. I haven't read for pleasure for a long time, so my recommendations are rusty. I also liked The Da Vinci Code (it's just a mystery book with cool historical and religious references) and Angels and Demons too. I liked the mystery of the story and the religious and historical overtones. Angels and Demons is a little dark, but pretty exciting too. They remind me a lot of the National Treasure movies. Happy reading!
I LOVE LOVE LOVED Breaking Dawn! I loved the whole series actually! Now I am just counting down the days to the movie. I really loved I Am A Mother as well. I need to get that one in my collection. It made me feel so much better about a lot of things. As for book recommendations, I like a lot of LDS sappy romance novels lately. Check out my goodreads or shoot me an e-mail and I will give you a list!
Post a Comment