About a month ago Abbi and I went to Walmart for some Formula and Baby Food. Little did we know that the Evil carts lurking around the parking lot had it in for our car, Nell. We were in the store for about 30 minutes looked around a little and the went back to the car. Immediately I noticed 3 cars up against my drivers side fender. I also noticed a small dent. I was really upset but moved the carts thinking that all was well except for the dent. I got Abbi in her car seat and then went to get into the car and I couldn't open my door. It would open about 6 inches. Not enough to get in. So I got Abbi out of her car seat and thoroughly annoyed called Kurt and asked him what I should do. He told me to go inside and tell customer service. I did and they had me talk to a manager and I filled out an accident report. There were so many carts in the parking lot when the manager came out to look at my car and take pictures he called the department that is in charge of cart removal very angry and told them to get people out there bringing in the carts.
I thought it wouldn't go any further than that. But I went to a body shop the next morning to get a quote on how much the cost would be to fix the fender. While I was there a member from Walmart Accident Reporting called me. Later that day I faxed over the quote and a week later the check was in the mail. Wow. That was really fast.
I was ready to boycott Walmart. But they took responsibility and paid for the damages. While I am still scared to park there, I will still go to Walmart from some essentials. The Parking lot still has a lot of carts but I think that hopefully this experience will make the people working and shopping there be responsible for the carts and keep the lot cart free. Please put you carts in the cart return. :)
13 September, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Hammonds! It's the Lee's. I can't believe that happened! I got pretty mad at Wal Mart while reading your post but I guess they really did pull through way to go Wal Mart!
More testimony as to why I try to plan my shopping to enter and leave in the tire area. Less carts. Less people. Less Wal-mart mania.
Post a Comment