So Kurt and I, on our missions, learned to love the flavor of Gnocchi. His was an Argentine version mine an Italian version. Gnocchi is a noodle made from potatoes. Usually you cover them with a marinara sauce, and the result is a wonderful meal.
Last fall Kurt and I bought a 50 lbs bag of potatoes from a potato farmer and last weekend we needed to use the rest of them or else throw them away. So we rolled up our sleeves (literally) and made gnocchi. It was a fun experience. It was really time consuming and very sticky. They tasted wonderful and looked kind of like they should have. What a wonderful memory. Abbi did get a little impatient towards the end. The whole process takes about 2 hours. This will be a repeat but maybe when we have a bigger kitchen.

8 comments:
Your post made Joe miss Argentine food!
I love Gnocchi too! We ate it a lot in Brazil as well. You are a brave woman to have made it because I know it is not a quick fix. I guess I should get inspired and make it sometime. I'll have to call you during the process so you can keep me motivated. Wait to go!
Post the recipe, will you?? I'm always up for trying new things.
Dave loves perogies, so we make those a bit - they also involve pasta and potatoes.
(BTW, I found your blog through a link on Livia's)
Thanks for sharing that yummy meal with us! You guys did a great job!
Mmm, I'd love to try this sometime. Will you post the recipe? Thanks!
I am so glad you found me! i was happy to see your little family- you guys are so cute! It makes me miss the days we had in Logan...it seems like yesterday and forever ago all at the same time. Are you still working at MACU? you little girl is sucha doll! cute!
I posted the recipe for all you who are interested. Very ambitious of you.
Yum- I have never had gnocchi but I saw them use it alot on the food channel and always wanted to try it. It just sounds so hard to make, i am impressed you made it. What do you eat with it? So how are you guys abbi is so cute!!!
Post a Comment