04 January, 2008

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Return Missionary

Wow! What a wonderful Christmas. We had such a great week and a wonderful Holiday! First Kurt was able to get a new job. We are really excited about this job because it will allow him to have available time to go to school during the day. It also has good pay great benefits and it is relatively stress free. And he won't have to be on call 24 hours a day. We are truly blessed.

Second. My very best friend Alyson came home from her mission to Hungary. She speaks a new language that sounds like she has a mouthful, and she is so cute. So if any of you know of any worthy men let me know and I can screen them for her. It was so good to see her and when we hung out it was like nothing had changed. I really look up to her (in more than one way) because of her testimony. It has grown so much and she is truly a servant of our Father. She came and visited me on Wednesday the 2nd and we went and looked for jobs and looked at an apartment. She is trying to move to Logan. She also needed some R and R so I was able to cook for her and let her do nothing when she wanted too. It was so much fun.

Third. Christmas was merry. We went down early to see Al and I was able to go to the temple with her. We spent the day together. It was really nice and Kurt was able to have some much needed daddy daughter time. We stayed at my parents house and we were able to bounce back and forth between our families. On the 24th we went to Kurts parents. Kurts family decided to not do gifts this year and just spend time together. It was fun to go to his parents and visit and play and eat and do puzzles. Family time is one of the greatest gifts. We love spending time with each other. That night it was snowing really hard and my family was supposed to drive up to Logan for a family party......that didn't happen. It was too risky and I am grateful that my parents decided to turn around. The Lord was watching out for them. So we went to my parents house to spend the evening with them. I gave my mom a pedicure and we started the dinner for Christmas. My parents and Kurt and I watched "It's a Wonderful Life". One of my favorites and we went to bed. Santa came and as my parents are practically empty nesters we got up to watch Abbi open her gifts. It was a lot of fun. Her favorite gift was her bike helmet. We couldn't get it off. My family got together around 1 and we spent the day together. Eating, opening gifts and remembering Christmases past. Then the night died down. It was a great Christmas and I loved remembering my Savior and his life. It was a great Christmas.

New Years. Well my family and I have decided to do the biggest Looser this year. We are excited. So that it one of my goals......to beat my mom and sisters. It is complete with challenges and all sorts of fun. But New years we spent with our friends. Brad and Steph, Heather and Darrin, and Levy and Amber. It was fun. We ate and played games and at midnight we lit firecracker and bottle rockets.
It was a great holiday week and we love all our family and friends. We hope you all had a great time this Season and pray you all have a wonderful New year!!! :)

2 comments:

Elise said...

Hey you guys! I sneaked in from another blog, hope that's okay. It's so good to see what you're up to. I can't believe how much Abbi has changed. She is a babe! Hope you're doing well. We miss all you guys a lot. We finally joined the blog scene too. Check us out! Hope to see you soon!
Elise Frazier
www.sandefrazier.blogspot.com

Danika said...

Love the reindeer nose, I'm impressed that she kept it on long enough for a picture.