06 March, 2008

Distraction

I just thought it was funny.......I hadn't gotten my mail in a while and when I got it this evening I noticed that I had received my new Ensign for March. On top of it was my new Readers digest. Well I was so interested in my new Ensign I pulled it out and started skimming it, it is all about the Savior this month. I am really excited to read it. Well it never fails....the Readers digest was screaming my name. So I set down the Ensign and started to look at the RD. Satan get thee hence. Why is it that I let him get me like that. I had to walk away from both. It really is challenging to do the right thing.

At least I recognized the problem.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Kati - I know exactly what you mean. I had a hard time reading my scriptures while I was reading the Twilight books. It's so easy to read for fun. Why can't it be that easy to read the really important stuff? By the way, didn't you love the cover of the March Ensign? It's gorgeous!

Elise said...

Kati, you're so good! I think we all do that and don't even think about it sometimes, so yes, at least you recognized the problem. That's half the battle! On another topic, I was wondering how your Forester has been. How long have you had it and what year is it? Have you had any problems with it? We have liked ours for a lot of reasons, but we have had a lot of problems. It is a '99, so we are wondering if the age and the fact that it may just be a bad seed is the reason for its chronic illness. We kind of want to get another one (newer), but are hesitant. Any help or suggestions would be great! Thanks Kati!

Kati said...

Diana- I love the cover. I was really impressed with how much they put into the Ensign. I have started reading it. But it is usually before bed so I don't remember too much of it.

E- We love our Forrester. Ours is a 2001 and it is an S series. ? The only real problems that we have had is our calipers were frozen and we had to replace the entire brake system. But it was due to the previous owner never having a brake job done. Our Check engine light is on but that is due to the cold weather. The temperature valve is having a hard time. The guys at AutoZone said it should fix itself in the summer. We have been really pleased with ours. I would get a newer one. The only problem with getting a used vehicle is that you get all the problems the previous owners created.