13 March, 2008

Almost made it!!!


Well we almost made it this winter with out any colds. However, last weekend Abbi started to have a runny nose and coughing. She was worse on Sunday. We only went to Sacrament because our good friends were speaking. We took Abbi to the Dr. on Monday and come to find out she has RSV. It is so sad. The only reason we took her to the Doctor is because she is usually a mover. She doesn't sit still even when she is sick and Monday morning I couldn't get her to lift her head. She just laid on the couch and whined. It made me so sad that I started to cry. I was really worried so I woke up Kurt and we took her temperature and it was 102. Kurt said that we could take her into the doctor. (We don't have insurance until next week.) We gave her Tylenol and set up an appointment. The doctor told us that RSV isn't very bad in babies Abbi's age. We just have to let it run its course. It is nice to know that Abbi will be fine. The fever should only last a couple of days, but the cough could last up to 4 weeks. She will be herself again soon and just be running around with a runny nose and the occasional cough.
But here it is almost 12:30 and I just got up with her for the 4th time this evening. I wish I could make her better. Kurt has been really good. He loves her and wants to make sure she is happy. He likes to hold her because she is so cuddly. He even risks not having any sleep. (Kurt works the graveyard shift.) Well hopefully she is down for the night. Because I am ready to be down for the night.

5 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

I am so sorry! It is no fun when they are sick!

Diana said...

Oh no! Poor Abbi and definitely poor Mommy and Daddy. Taking care of a sick baby is exhausting. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope her recovery is quick. Love you guys!

Joni said...

You were so close! I am really impressed that you made it this long with out having her get sick! I hope that she will recover quickly! She sure is a beauty even when she is sick!

Elise said...

Poor little thing...sorry to hear that! I can't believe she hasn't been sick at all and then she got the worst of it. Bum deal. Hope she is feeling better soon and you guys can all get some sleep!

Kristin said...

Sorry Kati(and Abbi)! I was worried last Sunday when she was pretty sick, I hope she feels better soon! Thanks for giving me your blog link... I hope it is okay that I added you to my list!