I don't mean to advertise and I know that this is going to sound like an advertisement. But Kurt and I have really been lucky with the choices that we have made concerning finances. I think it is important to keep a look out for better rates and insurance to save pennies wherever possible. We are both really concerned with our credit score and try really hard to maintain a high one.
We switched to Geico insurance last month and it lowered our premium by $40. Wow that is a lot of money. We were really excited. What can you do with 40 extra dollars a month?
Then this week we noticed that our Credit Union was having a loan sale and that they were offering a car loan rate for only 4.49%. So we went in and asked if we could refinance our loan. Well they actually told me that they could rewrite our loan (not start it over) but keep it where we are and change our rate. We lowered our already lowish rate (6.9%)and in so doing we saved ourselves five car payments and just over $1000. We think we are pretty smart. We will actually have our car paid off in 3 1/2 years instead of five. (every month we pay more than necessary on our loan just to get it paid off.) I just love saving money. So check with your credit union and see what you can do to lower your rate or other ways in saving money.
Just thought I would share this wisdom that we gained and give you something to think about.
PS Our credit union offering the lower rate is Mt. America Credit Union.
19 April, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Way to go on saving money! Isn't it always nice? Hey what's your e-mail address? I'm considering doing a mommy group and thought I'd send you the e-mail. You can either leave it in a comment on my blog or e-mail me at
camille_davis04@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Post a Comment