Warning: this post is for me to look back on and reflect on how much the Lord blesses us. As this is my "Journal" I am going to relay some feeling that I had this past week. I don't like to open myself up that much but I really think I needed to post this so I will know when trials come the Lord will bless me.
With that said. On May 7th I woke up to Kurt and Abbi making me breakfast and had flowers on the table. Kurt and Abbi were having a great time. I didn't think this unusual because Kurt often gets Abbi when she wakes up with out waking me and makes us breakfast. The flowers were a nice touch.
So I sat down and we ate as a family, during our meal Kurt let me know that he had some bad news given to him that morning. After his shift at work they had a meeting and they were informed that Pepperidge farm would be closing their line for good, and that as of next Monday they would be laid off. Kurt told me that before they had said meeting he and another guy were talking to Dave, a person that was going through the temple that day to be sealed to his family, the topic was trails and Kurt related that ever since we moved to Logan and we had trails we always knew that some other opportunity was waiting for us. We always knew the Lord would bless us. That guy invited Kurt to attend the temple with him. After the meeting Kurt walked out with a sure feeling that the Lord would bless us. I am so glad I have a hubby who never doubts the Lord. In the meeting they gave him a list of all the positions they were hiring for. Everyone was encouraged to put in for those positions. Kurt being one of the newer people (12/10 his first day) would most likely be one of the last to be considered. All those hired after January were unlucky and not really encouraged to apply. Pepperidge was really sorry to give this information. They truly were regretting this decision.
So Kurt and I took our concerns to the Lord and we had the feeling that everything would work out. We didn't know how or why or anything.....but we knew it would. So with out really thinking we went to the temple with Kurts friend, worked really hard on our Apartment, we spent time as a family, we really let this pass us by. On Monday our friend told us that he had gotten a call and that he knew he had a position, he encouraged us to call. So Kurt called and all the information he got was that they would call us on Tuesday and let us know.
We began our fast that evening and prayed, we let Heavenly Father know we would accept any decision that would be made. I felt peace. Knowing my life was in the Lords hands, and what ever the outcome was we would be taken care of. However, I was scared at the same time. Change scares me a lot and the Lord often tries to warn me of changes but this time he didn't. Is it weird to be scared and at peace at the same time? Well Tuesday morning we got up had some fun, played, did our chores and didn't think about it until Abbi went down for her nap. Then we started talking about what we would do "IF" we didn't have a position. We knew exactly what we would do and had it all mapped out. Then the phone rang, I made Kurt answer it. It was pepperidge and they did have a position for him. Immediately I started crying, the relief just washed over me and released all the "not knowing" from me. (I know this feeling would have come if the answer was negative, just so you know) As soon as Kurt got off the phone we knelt in gratitude to the Lord and we haven't stopped since. The Lord is there.....all the time. He knows us, and has a plan for us. He will bring us comfort and peace in the time of the storm. All through this time we had a peace in our home and a knowledge that our life is directed by the Lord. He won't harm us. He wants what is best for us. I am grateful to have the knowledge of the Gospel. I am grateful that I know everything will be alright. And I am grateful to a loving Father who leads and guides us in all we do. So the real blessing of this trail is the peace and comfort of the spirit we felt through the entire time.
Side note: Kurt's first day back was today. (It isn't common that they work on Sundays it is a M-F job.) It is nice to know that he has a job and we don't have to change anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Kati, this was beautiful to read. Thank you.
He really does watch out for us! Glad everything worked out you guys...you deserve it!
Kati, I know of all people I know you and Kurt would work together and solve this situation with the blessing of the Lord, and not blaming the Lord. I am so glad to hear that everything is going well for you, I have thought about you every day since I found out about Kurt and praying that all would turn out well. You are right a blessing is right behind the trial. In this case you didn't have to wait very long.
Thanks for sharing your experiences with us Kati. It truly is amazing to look back and see the Lord's hand in our lives. I am so happy for your little family. We love you!
Thanks for posting that. The Lord is always there for us - it's great to know that. You guys are awesome!
I am so glad everything worked out for you this weekend! Aren't we so blessed to have such comfort during our hard times? Good luck to your husband!
Thank you! I love hearing about your gratitude and blessings, you inspire me! I am glad things worked out for you too!
Kati! I love reading everything you've written me and everything you write here. You're a wonderful friend and mom. I love your faith and how you always share that with others around you. Things will always work out like you always believe. I miss your family! Abbi is so cute I love all of her pictures. Please also say hi to Kurt. He's very cool. I think so far he's the only husband out of all my sister missionary friends husbands that knows me and recognizes me. That makes me feel good. You two are great. I love you Katie!
That's so scary, but I'm glad everything worked out! Thanks for sharing your feelings with us, since we're going through a similar "waiting for the phone call" experience!
This is exactly what I need to hear. This Sunday I am giving a talk and it is on adversity. I know that the Lord is aware of each and every one of us. He will bless us if we let him. I am so glad for your family that everything work out.
Post a Comment