22 May, 2008
Book Review: The Host (not a spoiler)
Hi friends......Last night I finished reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I just thought I would blog about my feelings about this book in case anyone is interested in reading it. I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved the story line and the concept. Who wouldn't think that a love triangle between a "parasite" and 2 humans would be a good story? However, Stephenie Meyer spent a lot of time on descriptions and feelings........you know like in Twilight where she talked about Edwards eyes all the time. i do like her writing style, but I found myself wondering off onto other things while reading this book and I really didn't feel bad putting the book down and leaving my characters where I left them. It took me longer to read this book than the Twilight series. There was one part I didn't particularly approve of.......but I do understand the why and the reason. I had already accepted my main character as a human, with human feelings as well as being a women. I didn't approve of an event of physical domination toward the main character. I hope I haven't spoiled the book for anyone. If anyone has already read this book I would love to talk with you and discuss your feelings on this Novel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am excited to read this book! I have it on hold at the library, but I am #285 or something or other... maybe David will get it for me for my birthday in a few weeks!:)
I've been debating about whether or not I want to read it- I liked the twilight series a lot, but more for the exciting plot and twists than for the romance. Would you say that this one focuses a lot more on the romance than the twilight series does?
I just finished reading this book as well. I have to agree with you that it wasn't one where I just couldn't tear myself away from it. I enjoyed the story, and her writing style as well...I had my things I didn't like about it though. But as to not spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it, I won't go in to detail.
Kati- I love your new blog background! It is wild :)
I love your blog, it is so cute. and you have an adorable family!
Post a Comment