05 June, 2008

Ear infections, sickness, memorial day, surgery and Tracey Aviary....

Yep that is right. That is all that I have been up to lately. First Abbi got an ear infection. Her first ever.....so I guess it is safe to say she doesn't have my ears considering I had chronic ear infections as a child. She also at the same time had the flu. It was YUCKY!!! Let me just say that in one week we went through 80 diapers. One night I cleaned the bathroom twice. Plus everyday I was washing Abbi's "blanky". One night she got it dirty at 7:00 and she goes to bed at 7:30......needless to say I had to wash it before she could go to bed. She stayed up until 8:30 waiting and it still wasn't done. I had to tell her that I promise to put it in bed with her as soon as it was finished. She agreed to go to bed with that. She seriously is so cute. I know she is a genius and can understand everything that is going on. But still it was so sad to see her sick. I hate it so much. I just want to hold her and make her better. So practically nothing got done that week except for the bare minimum.
Memorial Day I wanted to go to the Zoo so bad!!! When I woke up I didn't feel to good. But I contributed it to my excitement of going to the Zoo. So we got in the car and headed for my parents house. They were going with us along with my sister and her family. When we got there it was raining......but I still wanted to go. The rain wasn't supposed to last all day. So we went to Walmart and bought some flowers to put on my grandmothers and grandfathers and uncles grave. I bought some pepto to calm my aching stomach. It was just excitement I kept telling Kurt and my mom. When we got to Centerville the rain was really coming down. So I finally said okay, we don't have to go to the Zoo. We can go bowling......so we went back to Layton and went bowling. By this time I really wasn't feeling well. "Maybe it is more" I thought. By the end of the first game I just wanted to go to bed. So I let myself admit I needed to leave. I got sick on memorial day. But I still want to go to the Zoo. We spent the rest of the day at my parents, well Kurt was awake and I was asleep. Kurt is such a good hubby. He took care of Abbi and was just the best dad ever. I was sick for the rest of the week and I was getting really scared because Kurt was having surgery on Friday. So finally on Wednesday I decided that I wasn't going to do anything expect for sleep all day on Thursday to get over it. And it worked. I guess I don't allow myself to be sick so I get it worse until I let myself get over it.
Friday morning we headed to Salt Lake for Kurt to have his knee surgery. Kurts sister lives near the Hospital so we were able to drop off Abbi to be taken care of while I waited for Kurt to be finished. Well they didn't have a waiting room for me so I ended up going back to Kurts sisters house. It was really nice to have a place to go to. Plus I was still not feeling 100% so it was great to sit back and relax. I set my alarm so I could be there when Kurt woke up....but that stinker woke up so fast. HE said he was excited to see me. So I missed it. Kurt is doing well. His procedure went very well and he is healing really fast. Actually he is back to work today.
Kurt had an appointment on Monday. WE went to the appointment and since we had the whole day we stayed in SLC and played. We visited with Kurts sister and went to Tracey Aviary. That place is so cool. You really need to go. There was a peacock on the roof of a building. Abbi loved the birds she had so much fun. I forgot my camera so I wasn't able to take pictures. This is definitely a "do it again" activity. We also went out to eat and Kurts sister and her family joined us. This was nice because we used to go out together all the time when we were dating and before kids and everything. This time we took our kids. It was really fun. Thanks guys. We went out for sushi. I love sushi. yum yum.
Anyway that is what has been going on lately around the Hammond house hold. We are still alive and still happy. I just need to catch up with all the work that was put a side for 2 weeks while I was sick and Abbi was sick. I am glad that May is over. I hope June will be a lot better.

4 comments:

Camille said...

Oh man, sounds like a crazy couple of weeks! I haven't gotten anything accomplished in the last couple of weeks either...not because of anything like what you've gone through, just because I'm lazy. I hope you guys stay healthy now.

Amanda said...

I have been having lots of fun finding other people's blogs. I have lost touch with just about everyone we went to school with. So it's been fun catching up. I have stayed in contact with Heather, she is married to a guy named Omar Galliano. They don't have any kids yet but they do have a dog. They just moved to New Hampshire last month so he could go to law school. She is studying to be a teacher and will finish up her degree in NH. She seems really happy and is doing well.

Kristy said...

Sad to hear that you were sick to. I guess it was something going around. I'm glad you still come in to the credit union so we can still see you!

Kristy

Brittany said...

Whew, sounds like a whirlwind! I'm glad you're feeling better. Don't worry too much about the housework. I've had to learn that. It will always be there for you when you are up to it. I love the Tracy Aviary too. But I haven't been there for a while. I've avoided Liberty park, because the last time we went there, there was a huge "drum circle" and lots of crazy people high on drugs. But sounds like you had a good time, maybe I'll have to give it another shot.