30 September, 2008

Abbi 2!?!?


Then, September 2006

Yes that is right you all......Abbi turned 2 last week!!! I can't believe it. Such a cute girl. We love her so much. 2 years have come and gone and I feel that she should still be a little baby.......she will always be my baby. Except now she is forming sentences and asking for things. She even puts herself in timeout!! And some of her toys. She loves rocking her dolls and helping me watch Emily...a little girl that I babysit. That is where I have been. Exhausted. So tired from watching 2 toddlers. I watch her all day, all week. I don't know how you moms do it.
Cute story before I end. Yesterday, Abbi disappeared in our apartment. No big deal because she goes and plays in her room a lot. So I go looking for her and I find that the bathroom door is shut. The light is off and I hear some humming. So I open the door and Abbi comes to the door and says "Noooooo" I smell something that does not smell good. So I turn the light on and she is sitting on her little potty fully dressed and with a book. So I close the door and tell her to let me know when she is finished. I stay outside the door and finally I hear the toilet paper roll going. So I open the door and she says,"Done!" She went potty on her potty.......but still had her diaper and clothes on. I think Abbi is getting ready to train......don't you?

Oh yeah, we also cut her prized "Binkies". That was a rough nap time......but honestly my daughter is so easy.....we haven't had any problems putting her down since that nap time. The night I cut them I told her that she was a big girl now and didn't need the binkies any more. But she could hold on to it all night if she needed to. She said,"Okay mommy!" Fully trusting me. Then we sang her goodnight song and in the middle of it said sang "binkies broken!" She sang it with so much feeling and emotion. It almost broke my heart. Still if you ask her where her binkies are she says,"Binkies broken" very sorrowfully. You would think that her best friend move across the country.

Her doctors appointment went really well. If you live in Logan or the surrounding areas and are looking for a great pediatrician I recommend Abbi's doctor. Send me an email and I will let you know who he is. We love him. You know how they tell you that at age two you double their height to give you a good guess at how tall they will be? Well if that is true Abbi will be 5'10''!! That is a very tall girl and 8" taller than her mother. Also she is finally above 10% for weight. We are very happy for that. Our doctor said that he isn't concerned because he can see that she is very active and she looks and acts healthy. Plus she is still inclining. Plus tall and skinny is a desireable trait.
Seriously folks.......Abbi is a babe. We love her so much and she is very sweet. I am currently working on a slide show you show you how much she has changed.


Now, September 22, 2008

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good, I'm glad you're back! I was wondering where you were! You're baby-sitting another little girl? Wow! I can't believe Abbi is 2! Wow, that went so fast! Hope everything else is going well! We miss you guys!

Bryce And Laura said...

Happy B-day Abbi!! She is so adorable! We are way excited to come up this weekend and hang out, it's been forever!

Stephanie said...

Wow, I can't believe how little she was! She is such a cutie! I definitely think you could start potty training her...do you want to work on Peter too? :) You are so blessed to have her in your life, yay for Abbi!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

They grow so fast huh!? She is seriously so cute! I have decided I really really hate potty training. It is the worst thing I have had to teach my kids. Hopefully you will have an easier time than I have!

Kristy said...

Cute, Kati! It's always fun when you guys come in to the credit union and it's crazy to see how she changes even in between times that we see you there.

Kristy

Anonymous said...

What a doll! I dread the whole binkie weaning with Dallin. I'm glad she did so well. Cute pictures!

Brittany said...

How cute, she looks so grown up in that bottom picture. You're lucky that she's decided she is ready to potty train on her own. It will probably make it a lot easier!

Joni said...

Happy Birthday Abbi...or I guess Happy late Birthday! I sure love her newborn picture so cute! I am impressed with how smart you were to cut the binkie and let her hold it. I just had Marcus throw his way and since he did it he did okay but I think your method is much better!

Heather Crozier said...

She reminds me so much of Kenna. They would be such good friends if we lived closer. Kenna has always been 10 percentile or less in weight. She's so wild though and never holds still. Haha. I think she is short for her age too though. But my mom is way little so I blame it on her.

Hey, you've been tagged! Come read my blog for the scoop!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! She looks so cute!

Camille said...

That first two years goes SUPER fast huh? Not that they all don't go really fast. Two is a fun year...challenging of course, but SO fun. They change so much even just from 2 to 3! She's darling!

Anonymous said...

yay I'm excited to see another post here. Abbi is 2!! That's so exciting! She's turning into a beautiful little girl too!

i love you and miss you!

Danika said...

Wow, she looks so different in that picture, so big! She is so pretty!