30 October, 2008

Sicknesses

So Abbi decided it was time for her to get her first cold of the season this week. Complete with waking up in the middle of the night coughing and crying and not being able to breathe and a fever. She is all better now. Just a little stuffy with the constant nose wiping and the sneezing. I feel like I am carrying a biohazard bomb in my pocket with all the used and unused tissues I am carrying around.I am so grateful for Johnsons Soothing Vapor Bath. I love this stuff. It clears the sinuses so effectively. It makes it so Abbi can breathe and so she can fall asleep. Seriously all you mommies out there should try this. I have used it ever since she was a baby. Only then I didn't put it in her tubby. I just put it in the sink so that the Vapors would fill the air in the bathroom. Also I love the Vicks Waterless Vapor nightlight thingy. These are our "cures" for the common cold. What are your "cures"?

3 comments:

Sandy Cove said...

I hope she was feeling better for halloween. I know she probably had the cutest little halloween costume. As for the common cold my grandma would always put vicks on our necks and wrap an old sock around it. Then she mix a little water, lemon juice, and honey together and then warm it up. I wish I had pictures with the socks around my neck...it looks so funny.

Anonymous said...

aw poor little abbi! I'm glad she's feeling better now. That Johnson Johnson thing sounds great. Maybe I should try next time I'm sick.

Kristen Weller said...

I'm going to have to look into that Vapor bath stuff. Josh is teething and his nose is constantly running now. That would really help him be able to sleep.