28 October, 2008

Faith of Our Fathers

Kurt's family was able to get a hold of the mission journals of the first member of the Hammond Family to join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They transcribed the entries and posted them on a blog. I have been so up lifted by the faith of this man. Francis Asbury Hammond. served a mission on the Hawaiian Islands. I love reading his testimony. But one thing that touches me most is this entry titled Preserve this Book. He is praying for his descendants. He had an eternal perspective on the Gospel and he wanted his descendants to know him and know his testimony. May I learn from this faithful man and strive to become more like my Savior. Feel free to read and be uplifted.
The faith on this man has affected so many people that I know and love. Without his conviction to the truth I wouldn't have my wonderful hubby and my beautiful daughter. I am so grateful for the faith of our fathers. This man has become my Father in so many ways. Thank you to all those who worked so hard in preserving his legacy and his testimony. Thank you for transcribing his journal so Kurt and I can know this man.

No comments: