07 November, 2008

Formal Apology

Last Friday, Oct. 31, I had an eye Dr. appointment in the morning. He had me read the letters on the wall......then he asked, "Did you drive here today?" Thinking nothing of it I answered, "Yes" He then started laughing and said, "You shouldn't have and I don't think I am going to let you drive home." I said," I have been noticing my eyesight is getting worse, but I didn't think it was that bad." He then had me try to read the letters again. Then said that the line on the bottom of the page was the one I need to read in order to have a drivers license. I could not read the one above it. He was very kind and said that they could fit me with some contacts so I can drive safely until I get glasses. After wearing the contacts I couldn't believe that I was so naive about how bad my vision was. So I guess I need to write a Formal Apology.

Dear Readers and Friends and Loved ones,

As I ponder the events of last week I sit in sorrow for the DANGER I have caused you. I am sorry to all those who have ridden with me while I have been in the drivers seat. I knew I couldn't read the signs marking the streets and I knew that finding an address was very difficult.
I also apologize to those who have been on the streets, driving, walking, or even sitting on your front porches. Seeing how with recent discoveries I may have hit you or driven up on the curb and hit you while you sat on your porch. I have been a bad girl and should have gone to the eye doctor a lot sooner.
I pray you all will accept my apology.

Sincerely Yours,
Blind with out knowing it
Kati

So my eye sight isn't that bad, but why not play it up while I can. :)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I accept your apology. I am happy to know that we are all safer now that you have contacts! ;)

Jed and Rebecca said...

Ha Ha! That is so funny! Josh and Hayley helped me become addicted to Brian Reagan. Anyway he has a joke about INSTANTLY IMPROVED VISION and how can it not be at the top of our 'to do' list. So, I am glad you finally got that taken care of. Thanks for the appology.

Lena Hsin-Yao Cho said...

oh dear!
well with glasses on you'll look cute too in a different way.
And I think your eye sight is still great because your new blog layout is looking really cute!

Kristen Weller said...

I remember when I finally got glasses in 5th grade. It was like a whole new world! I almost fell down the stairs leaving the eye doctor's office because my depth perception had changed. Good times.