07 November, 2008

Halloween!!!

This year was by far one of my most favorite Halloweens since I met Kurt! (We met at a Halloween Party at the institute.) Abbi was so grown up we were able to take her trick-or-treating for the first time. I don't have pictures because my camera has been missing for 3 weeks now.

The week before Halloween Kurt took the night off because it was our wards Halloween party and I told him I would rather him have that day off than Halloween because it was going to be a fun party. Kurt, Abbi and I dressed up as Royalty, Abbi being the Princess, Kurt being the Knight, and me being a Lady in Waiting. You know Abbi's assistant. It was a lot of fun. Kurt won the best all around. Because he had the most total votes out of everyone there but not the most votes in any one category. So they made up a prize for him. They said that some people voted him the scariest because he had a real sword and some voted him as the most creative because he made the entire costume all by himself including the chainmail. We have video of the costume, but I don't know how to download it on to the computer. It was a lot of fun. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Halloween was fun. When I got back from my eye doctors appointment we got Abbi all dressed up, a bumblebee this time, and went trick-or-treating on main street. It is so great all the small buisnesses on main street dress up and invite everyone to trick-or-treat to the buisnesses. Some places even dress up also. It was so fun to see Abbi, Peter and Johnathan get so excited to get candy put into their buckets. They were so cute. It took us so long to get finished. 2 hours. By the time we were finished we all were tired. When we got home we put our little munchkins down and waited until they woke up so we could do more Trick-or-treating.

Kurt and Brad had left for work while we were on Main Street so Steph and I were planning on going to some friends homes and do a street up by the church. But before we left, Kurt and Brad pulled up!! I was so happy!! We had some dinner then off we went. Abbi loved getting candy and mommy and daddy didn't mind getting some either.

The street up by the church was amazing. The people in the homes are a bunch of older couples that loved to see the kids in their costumes. I felt bad that they had to get up to give us candy but I could tell they absolutley loved every minute of it. There was a house that was having a huge party. But we went there anyway, we were standing on the sidewalk and people just started talking to us. There were adults and kids there. We were a little nervous thinking this was a ward party so we didn't want to interfer. But they kept telling us to go get a hot dog and some chili and have a cup of hot chocolate. They also had apples. I was just thinking about how Abbi didn't eat much dinner and that this would be good for her to have something substancial so I went up and did as I was told. This lady come up to talk to me and I found out that it wasn't a ward party. "This is just what this family does for trick-or-treaters every year." The owner of the home is a dentist and he doesn't like to give out candy. What a great idea! I grabbed Abbi and Apple and she devoured it. Kurt got the oppuritunity to talk to the owner of the home and a couple more people. They told him that it is mostly the members in the ward that come. They also started inviting us to church with them. What a great missionary oppurtunity. I was very impressed. Abbi was sad to leave.

When we got back from trick-or-treating we went to a party over at our neighbors for a little while then it was bedtime, for Abbi, mommy and daddy. It was a busy day but we sure had a great time.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That was so awesome to have our husbands come home early! Technically it was the Hammond Family that won the best over all at the ware party. :) You guys looked great!