Just a warning I am moving my blog to private.....if you are interested in being invited to view my blog please send me an email with your email address. Thank you
Just for fun I typed in my name to see if anything came up. There is a search engine for blogs called Technorati that post your blog and information on their site. I thought this was strange because I have set my blog to not be listed on any search engine.
In order to remove your domain name you need to set your blog to private. However that doesn't just protect you.....it also documents every comment you make on your friends blog that are not set to private. So people can still read what you are writing. So my friends who aren't set to private will not be receiving comments from from here on out. Thank you and I hope you all take this advice and change your blog to private and please invite me.
"Blogs that are set to Public in some platforms such as WordPress, LiveJournal, Blogger, etc automatically ping when posts are publisheed. Thus, not only will Technorati recieve the ping to index your post, but all other blog search engines will as well. If you do not want your posts indexed, please set your blog to Private."
-Techorati Support: FAQ
This is what is stated on their website to remove your blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 comments:
I'm confused now. I looked on Technorati, and I couldn't find either myself or you. Am I doing it wrong?
Hey, it's Jordan. Shoot me an invite, if you would, to your private blog.
...unless I'm the one you're trying to keep out!
k.lott@aggiemail.usu.edu
bryceandlaura@gmail.com
We use Jack's e-mail to blog: jtukka1025@hotmail.com Thanks!
We use Jack's e-mail to blog: jtukka1025@hotmail.com. Thanks!
spenny.nellie@gmail.com
Hey Katie,
It is shayla riley. Your blog is great and would love to be able to read and catch up with you.
My email is
shayla.riley@aggiemail.usu.edu
Thanks,
Shayla
I'd love an invite!
amescharlyn@hotmail.com
I'd love an invite too but I don't know your e-mail. Here is my e-mail: kris_sanders14@yahoo.com
Oooh, don't for get me!!
ashleyjswenson@gmail.com ;)
P.S. Love your new background
I think you have our email- kristenweller at hotmail dot com.
Hi Kati,
I sent you an email with my email address in it. Thanks!
Kristy
we are going private too. It's just too scary these days, and we have to protect our families. Please add us to your's as well so we can stay in touch.
I want in!!!:)
channywax (at) hotmail (dot) com
count me in joniwlee@hotmail.com, i'll probably join you soon...
hey can you send it to both of mine? joceyknott@hotmail.com and jocelynknott@gmail.com
I have the same question as Debbie. I got curious so I did a fair amount of searching on Technorati, and I couldn't find anything from me (or from you guys) and I couldn't locate your blog from their site either. (I would also like an invite to your blog when it goes private)
Jen and Debbie try typing in your blog addresses in the search bar. Also try typing in the name of your blog. I found Jen and Serge. I didn't find Debbie and Neal but i don't know the titles of their posts. Also Technorati is a search engine for highly trafficked blogs. So if you don't get a lot of people checking your blog you won't be able to be found on technorati.
Invite us!
camille_davis04@hotmail.com
P.S. Just out of curiosity, wouldn't someone have to know you and your blog name and post names anyway to find you on that? That doesn't sound like creepy people could find you through that website. It's honestly just a curoisity question, is there something about them that I'm missing?
There are a lot of people out there with my name. I just don't like the idea of people being able to pull up my info with out me knowing them. Also I was able to get other peoples links who were indirectly connected to me. I just want people to find me that I know. If people want to view my blog they can contact me and I will be happy to invite them. I just had a bad feeling about it when I saw that my blog was being pulled up on a search engine when I had specified that I didn't want it located.
Did that answer your question?
Hey Katie! I love your blog, if it's okay could I have an invite? Also if you would like to see mine as well, I have it listed as private so if you could email me your email address to shaebabeo@yahoo.com it would be fun to catch up!
Post a Comment