27 June, 2007

Prepared?

On Saturday Kurt and I went to a funeral for a guy I went to High School with and also we were in the same singles ward. It really hit me hard and I started to think, "How prepared am I?" This guy was really prepared to go. He passed away because of a brain tumor. He had a wife and a new baby. They found out while his wife was 7 months pregnant that he had the tumor. She was induced 2 weeks early so that he would be able to meet his baby. Shortly thereafter he passed.
Watching his wife at the funeral made me so grateful that my husband hadn't been the one to leave. It actually made me want to treat my husband better. Let him know what he means to me and show him how my love for him is eternal.
Warren being only 26 years old had a wonderful testimony. He was the same through out the week as he was on Sundays. He was always kind and treated his wife well. His wife also was prepared. When he passed away she made the necessary phone calls and then got ready and went to the temple. What a wonderful example to me she is. It is hard to think I what I would do at a time like that.
How prepared am I to "meet my maker?" What kind of things could I tell Him? Try thinking about that. How prepared are we to go before the Lord? Would I hang my head in shame because of how I treated another? Because of things I did or didn't do?
It was a wonderful experience for me. Sad and shaking but I hope I will use this time to make myself better. Live my life so I am ready when the time comes. Not one person knows what will happen. We just need to be prepared for whatever may be.

1 comment:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

What a sad, but touching story. I guess you never know when we will be taken for this earth-it sure made me think a lot! And Abbi looks darling by the way-she's growing up so fast!