19 November, 2007

My Calling

I was writing a letter to my friend who is serving a mission in Hungry, and I was reflecting on my life as a missionary and I wanted to post this on my blog to let everyone hear about my feelings on being a mommy.

"Oh how I wish I could go back to the time when I was a missionary. I felt so alive....I didn't feel ugly....all the insecurities that I felt when I was home didn't seem important. They seemed so small. I actually knew for the first time in my life that I was a child of God and HE LOVED ME!! Not only my Savior lives but my Father as well. That is one thing I will always remember about my mission. HE also loved everyone else. I wanted to save the world. i just wanted to share everything that I felt with everyone and I wanted them to feel it. But I am so small. I can't make everyone live the Gospel. I can only teach my family and those that I come in contact with. I hold a child in my arms and I can make a difference. How I love that knowledge. How I love that power. How responsible I am for this little one and the other little ones the Lord is entrusting me with. I love my new calling as a full time missionary. As a mom!"

I hope you enjoy this little blurb.

2 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

so fun to hear about your missionary experiences. I know you were an awesome missionary!

J&J Binghameez said...

What great experiences to grow on. Your family pictures are so cute!