08 April, 2008

Anonymous comment day.....

I saw this on someones blog and I thought it was great. The text isn't even mine, so here it is:
Thanks for letting me use it.

Welcome to Anonymous comment day! No, I didn't come up with this on my own. I completely stole this idea from another blog, but I'm okay with it. :)

You may ask yourself what IS "anonymous comment day"? Well, it's where you get to poor out your heart, say whatever you like...publish it as anonymous, and move on knowing nobody will ever know it was you. So even if you never have commented on my blog before, now is the time!


It can be VERY hard to talk about things that you feel you are really good at. Our talents and abilities are things, that for some reason, we keep to ourselves. It's like we think that talking about our talents and abilities will make us somehow seem vain or something. However I don't hesitate to point out negative things about myself to anyone who is willing to listen.


I've noticed that if I am looking for someone to play the piano, or sing...all eyes suddenly drop to the floor. "Please don't pick me, or realize I am talented" seems to be what is going through minds. However I bet if I were to say "I'm looking for someone who thinks they are fat." all hands would shoot up. Come on people, let's be grateful and open about the talents and abilities we have! Maybe you're great at crafts, or cooking, or listening, or music etc.

So I open the floor up to you now...rather I know you or not.


What are your talents? What are you GREAT at? What do you feel you have accomplished that you are proud of? Just make sure to publish your comment as anonymous. Because you will be much more honest about it if you know nobody has any idea who you are. So let the bragging begin! And don't worry about making the comments short. If you want to make a huge list of things...go for it! This is your time to get it all out. Let's focus on the positive, at least for today!

Oh, and p.s. If you think of a talent, accomplishment etc. after you've already posted a comment...come back and post another one! Let's get it all out!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am kind....people like me.

I am a good cook.

I am a fast runner.

Chantele Sedgwick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chantele Sedgwick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Obviously I need to figure out how to work the anonymous button.

I am good at sports.

I am a great friend and am a really nice person.

I hardly ever have a bad attitude about things.

Anonymous said...

I am great at playing the piano.

I am very loyal and dependable.

I give great talks and lessons (even if I do avoid it).

I am great with kids.

I convinced the greatest man I've ever known to marry me. :)

Anonymous said...

I create really cute things on my computer.

I can cook really well and enjoy making up recipes.

If you are lucky enough to be my friend, I will be loyal to you until the end of time.

I am strongly opinionated.

Anonymous said...

I am a hard worker and if I fail I am willing to try again.
My cooking skills are improving daily.
I can sew quilts.
I am a good friend and make friends easily.

Ashley said...

I tagged you!