
All my life I wanted to read the Diary of Anne Frank. So I went to the library and checked it out. We didn't read it in school like most people. I liked reading this. I like history and I am fascinated by the Holocaust. This book gave me a different perspective of this time in History and made it more real to me. I don't think, "oh poor Jews" anymore. I think , "poor people". I don't know how to quite explain it. I always knew it happened, but to read it and know that these people had feelings and emotions and were hungry and all other things that I have felt just made it very real to me. I am glad to have finished the it though. I don't think I could take another night of those dreams of being in hiding and my life out of my control. I recommend this book to everyone.

1 comment:
I read this book for the first time when I was in the 6th grade and have loved it ever since. It started my fascination with WWII. I agree that this is a must read!
Post a Comment