31 July, 2008

July 11th

Abbi's first dental appointment. Kurt and I had fun. I love getting my teeth cleaned. Kurt is fascinated by anything dental so he enjoyed it. Our dentist was so good to Abbi. Very gentle and kind and very, very, very patient.
He had Abbi sit on my lap, then had her lay down so her head was in his lap. This was scary for Abbi so she cried and screamed. But he was able to take a look inside her mouth and said that her binky addiction wasn't creating any problems. Her teeth look good. When he was finished Abbi wouldn't have anything to do with him. She buried her face into my shoulder and sobbed. Then the dentist asked her if she wanted a bracelet. She stopped crying and enthusiastically said YEAH! So it wasn't too traumatic. The rest of the appointments went really well. Abbi sat on my stomach while I was getting my work done and talked to the dentist and to his assistants. She had made new friends.

No comments: