20 October, 2008

Notes From Abbi: Halloween Party

Saturday was a fun day. Mommy and Daddy took me to Papa's house and we had a party with all of my cousins. When I got there tons of fabulously decorated cookies were all over the table. There were "Punkins", bats and ghosts. They all looked so tasty and were delicious.

Then we went to a "punkin" patch. Grandma and Papa wanted to buy all of us a "punkin". I picked out a perfect one with the help of my daddy. I even got to carry it all the way back to papa's house. The best part was that I got to get a little dirty. Daddy was trying to take all the dirt off the "punkin" but I thought that added to the look of it so while he was helping Lillie with hers I tried to put more dirt on it. Daddy laughed at me and cleaned it off again. Daddys are so funny that way.

When we got back to Papa's mommy let me go outside and play on the swing set. I got to swing for 45 minutes straight!! Then mommy said that was enough and that her arms were tired. So I got to climb on the swing set and slide down it. It was really hot outside so mommy kept interrupting my fun to make me drink some water. It had ice in it so I guess that was okay.

WE had a delicious dinner. Clam chowder......I know mommy loves that so much. We also had some chicken noodle soup, and french bread. We had so much soup grandma let us take some home. Yummy!!

Mommy and daddy after dinner dressed me up in my bumblebee costume. My cousins were all dressed in theirs too and we went Trick-or-Treating in grandmas house. We all got to knock on a door and someone (Uncle Lynn, Cory or Ben, Aunt Diana, Grandma, Papa, and Daddy) opened the door and gave us candy. The best part was Papa's door. He was sitting on the floor and the bowl of candy was on the floor too. So Lillie and I took advantage of our cuteness and the situation and kept grabbing more and more candy out of the bowl. We had to stop when our mommies said "that is enough you two". But they were laughing so we knew we weren't in trouble.

(Picture from last year)

We also had some tasty desserts.......Aunt Shari the master chef made a "punkin" roll and a fruit pizza. I devoured daddys and they both were so tasty.

By the time this was all finished we were all very tired so mommy said it was time for us to head home and get ready for church the next day. I had a great time!! Thank you grandma and Papa for the great time and the wonderful memories. Oh yeah, also Thank you for the "punkin" and the plastic "punkin" for Trick-or-Treating. I wanted to take them to church yesterday but mommy said I couldn't. Mommies are funny that way. We love you all.

(Abbi didn't really write this. I just thought it would be fun to write as if she had. It was a lot of fun!! Thanks Michelle for the idea!)

6 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, that is a cute idea to pretend that Abbi wrote it! What a fun party! Her bumblebee costume is darling!

Stephanie said...

Abbi is such a cutie! I'm glad that you guys had fun!!

Camille said...

What a cute idea to have kids go around the house and trick-or-treat! Sounds like you guys had a fun time, Abbie is sure cute!

Malorie said...

hey kati i am really trying to get my blogspot going and wanted to give you our link. :)

Joni said...

I love how you wrote from her perspective. She really did have a great time way to go Mommy and Daddy!!

Brittany said...

I love that little bumble bee costume!